Human hair requires a lot of maintenance and heating tools to get into a perfect wavy style. The alternative which works especially best for people who do not want to spend hours fixing their hair is a synthetic wavy wig. These wigs have locked-in loose curls that don’t go away even if you give the wig a good wash.
But having said that, it is crucial to take care of the wig and style it properly to make sure that it looks as good as it did on the very first day. But worry not as we have got you covered, listed below are all the steps of styling and taking care of a wavy synthetic wig.
Washing and drying
- Make sure to comb your wig with a wide-toothed, large comb before wetting the wig.
- Use fiber-friendly shampoo for wigs and rinse well with cool water.
- Wrap a towel around the wig and pat it well to absorb the excess water.
- Use the comb again to detangle the synthetic hair.
- Use a hair conditioning spray while protecting the base area.
- Position the wig on a wig stand.
- Gently curl the hair around your fingers to re-establish the original curls.
- The wig is then placed in the netting that prevents the curls from loosening or falling.
- The wig is left to air-dry.
- Make sure the wig is thoroughly dried and spray it with detangle and leave-in treatment.
- Now spray the wig with a curl-holding spray.
- If you want to store your wig on the stand or a wig head, it will cause the curls to loosen up with time due to gravity. So try to keep it in a box with netting around the curls to keep them in place.
If you wanna add volume
Gently comb the synthetic hair and spray dry shampoo at the ends and the base to add texture and create a voluminous look.
If you wanna create a smoother look
Comb the wig gently and create soft beachy waves by using a paddle brush. Make sure to use a detangling spray to build a smooth look.
If you wanna create a textured look
Take some fiber contour cream in your hands and rub it gently to melt the product. Now, add this to the wig from the bottom up to avoid over-application at the hair base and an even spread throughout the hair.
Now give a textured appearance by crumbling up the ends to the mid-length.