There are several ways to remove volume from a wig. However, it is not obvious how to go about it. For fear of destroying one's hair prosthesis or paying a large amount of or paying a large amount of money, each person will have to choose the best method to thin for thinning out their hairpiece. A RL Moda professional tells you how to remove volume from a wig.
The method for thinning a wig
Just like natural hair, wigs come in many different styles and colors. When you wearing this type of hairstyle and it looks too dense, it can be made to look smoother by thinning it. In this case, users have two choices. Either they go to a professional salon to have their hair professional salon to be treated by an experienced hairdresser or they can do it themselves.
In the first case, it is necessary to provide enough money, because it is expensive to achieve. To slim down your wig by its own means remains the most economical option.
Steps to thinning your own wig
To remove volume from your hairstyle, you will need tweezers or thinning scissors. To avoid damaging the wig, we do not recommend the use of regular scissors. You will also need a brush and hair clips. Once you have all these essentials at hand, you should proceed
- Define the area where you want to remove volume from the wig and get an idea of how it will look;
- Isolate the area of the hairstyle you wish to work on by creating a section in the wig. Place the precision tip or front tooth of the comb against the scalp and move the instrument back and forth. Put a clip on the unused hair to secure it while working;
- Take a section of hair between your fingers and press the tapering scissors into it. Use the tool to capture the entire strand, making sure to get as close to the root as possible;
- Remove excess hair by combing the section of hair in your hands. With the comb, you will be able to capture some of the hair released by the hair shears;
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 until all parts of the wig to be thinned are finished. You can then comb your hair one last time and put it in a curl if needed. After that, your wig will look smoother and more natural.
Some tips for successful slimming
Before starting work, it is always advisable to place your wig on a headband or wig holder. Afterwards, you should use a comb to separate the hair into equal parts, which makes the job easier. We offer wig holders for this purpose that can be purchased at RL Moda. We also offer premium hair prosthesis products and hair extension techniques. For a successful thinning, you should start at the top of the hair and avoid starting at the bottom.
We also recommend twisting the hair and cutting it at a 45-degree angle for an overly blunt layer of hair. This will help achieve a bland look. When trying to remove volume from a wig, always proceed by section. This can be done by having the hairstyle on your head or by wearing it a few times to see how much thinning is still needed. It is important to keep in mind that you can cut more hair, but not add more. That's why it's best to take your time and try on your wig often enough.
To remove volume from a wig, you can go to a professional salon or do it yourself. In the second case, you have to make sure that you follow the right steps in order to succeed with your thinning. By following the above mentioned tips, you will get a natural looking wig.